Friday, January 24, 2014

Screen Actors Guild Awards 2014 Fashion Recap

The SAG Awards took place on Saturday the 18




Laura Carmichael
   NO
I love her hair and makeup, but the dress is just rather boring.  The color is a bit too dry. We need bright spring colors to cheer us up!

Lupita Nyong'o
    YES
THAT COLOR...SO gorgeous and flattering!  It fits her so well, and her makeup is also beautiful. Lupita won the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role Award.  (What a mouthful!)  ♥


Jennifer Lawrence
    YES
I have never seen a holographic dress before! It's so cool!  As you can see, it kind of changes color with the light...awesome. Jennifer's latest film American Hustle won the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Award.  ♥


Abigail Breslin
    YES
Aaah! What happened to little miss sunshine?  It seems like she grew up so fast all of a sudden!  The picture above makes the dress look unflattering,but it actually looked quite elegant. This is the prettiest hair and makeup I have seen yet. (Especially hair. SO PRETTY!)  ♥


Sophie Mcshera
     YES
Quite an interesting piece. I don't really like the netting, and the cut-outs seem a bit unbalanced, but overall, it's flattering, and I love the orange lip/black dress combo! ♥


Amy Adams
    YES
My favorite color, and I am so in love with her 50's hair and red lip! Amy also stars in American Hustle,which won the outstanding cast award. ♥


Sarah Hyland
   YES
So pretty and feminine! I like the high-low style,and the whole look is just very sweet and pretty. Sarah's show Modern Family won the Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series Award. ♥



Claire Danes
    YES
A very unique, yet elegant gown. It would have looked a bit better without the pink strip, but overall it's a very nice piece. ♥


Mindy Kaling
    YES
A simple, classic style of dress that looks great on Mindy!  I love the belt, bangles and her tribal print clutch. ♥

Isla Fisher
  YES
This is probably my favorite dress of all.  Though a little too revealing, I love the silky sheen of the fabric, it fits her PERFECTLY, and her makeup and hair (as usual) are beautiful.  ♥

Lucy Hale



More fun pics. from the SAGs:
  

   




2 comments:

  1. I bet those dresses that you said "no" to would look better with a camo jacket! ;) Sarah Hyland's was my favorite, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I liked Sarah Hyland's best too, or Isla Fisher's. She looks gorgeous in the b&w pic at the end! ♥ (And the second last pic of JL is so classic! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete