Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Critic's Choice Movie Awards Fashion Recap 2014




Adele Exarchopoulos
   NO
Yikes!  Is anyone else reminded of Charlize Theron in Snow White and the Huntsman?!  I think this dress could be really cool, but there is WAY too much going on here!  Adele took home the Best Young Actor/Actress Award for her role in Blue is the Warmest Color,which  won the Best Foreign Language Film Award.

Lupita Nyong'o
   YES
She is SO gorgeous!  I always think white looks amazing on dark-skinned girls, and Lupita has very toned, beautiful skin.  I really like the shape and fit of this dress, and the side cut-outs are cool. Lupita won the Best Supporting Actress Award for her performance in 12 Years a Slave, which won the Best Adapted Screenplay Award. ♥

Abigail Breslin
   YES
Though too low, this dress is really pretty. I love the soft grey color and her hair and makeup are gorgeous!  ♥


Sophie Nelisse
   NO
Sophie is so pretty, and I love her hair and makeup, but this dress is a bit bland, I think it would look better all white, rather than the pink band at the top.


Amy Adams
   YES
Almost too pink, but it (surprisingly) looks really good on Amy!  I like the belt, and her hair and makeup? Perfect. Amy won the Best Actress in a Comedy Award for her latest film American Hustle, which  won the Best Acting Ensemble Award,the Best Makeup Award and the Best Comedy Award.  ♥


Kristen Bell
    YES
There is nothing wrong with this dress, it's just not my personal fave. I really don't like the "keyhole" cut out, but I love the fit and drape of the dress. I also really like her edgy hair and makeup.  Kristen's latest film Frozen (!) won the Best Animated Feature Award, and the song "Let It Go" from the movie won the Best Song Award.


Brie Larson
   YES
I love the classic style of this dress!  I think the colors and everything just look very nice together. Her natural makeup and soft updo enhance the overall look. ♥


Jessica Chastain
   YES
I really like this color! Not a big fan of the ruffles at the top,and it seems a bit ill-fitting,(I think thats just the picture,though) but overall I think this look is gorgeous.  ♥


Camila Alves
   YES
I can see that spring colors are already making a splash on the red carpet! This dress is pretty, and works well with Camila's fresh makeup look. ♥

Sandra Bullock
  YES
I'm usually not  a fan of tiered dresses, but this one is so pretty! I love the color on her, and her hair and makeup are super gorge. ;)   Her latest movie Gravity won the Best Director Award, the Best Cinematography Award, the Best Editing Award, the Best Visual Effects Award, the best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie Award, the Best Score Award. Sandra also won the Best Actress in an Action Movie Award!  ♥


Margot Robbie
    YES
I love this!  The black lacy detailing is gorgeous, and so is her hair and makeup! ♥


More fun pics. from the CCAs:
  
    

     




1 comment: