Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dancing Through It: My Journey in the Ballet by Jennifer Ringer ~ Book Review!

   ****
"In her charming and self-effacing voice, Jenifer Ringer covers the highs and lows of what it’s like to make it to the top in the exclusive, competitive ballet world. From the heart-pounding moments waiting in the wings before a performance to appearing on Oprah to discuss weight and body image among dancers, Dancing Through It is moving and revelatory."

                      

I really enjoyed this book! It was very interesting to take a peek inside the life of a professional ballerina, and Jenifer certainly has an amazing story to tell! It's so inspiring to read about how (with God's help) she overcame an eating disorder and problems with self-hate and doubt to become this beautiful dancer. The way she uses her gift to glorify God certainly makes me respect her more.  :)

                     
I recommend this book to all my dancer (and non-dancer) friends!

2 comments: