Friday, July 11, 2014

Maleficient Movie Review!

Our family recently went to see Maleficent, (pretty much because I forced them to take me) it was quite good.

   ****
"From Disney comes Maleficent-the untold story of Disney's most iconic villain from the 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty. A beautiful, pure-hearted young woman, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army threatens the harmony of the land. Maleficent rises to be the land's fiercest protector, but she ultimately suffers a ruthless betrayal-an act that begins to turn her pure heart to stone. Bent on revenge, Maleficent faces an epic battle with the invading king's successor and, as a result, places a curse upon his newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom-and perhaps to Maleficent's true happiness as well."

                         

I just knew this movie was going to be so cool. I really like all these modern adaptations of classic fairytales (I can't wait for Cinderella!) though I sometimes don't like how they turn the princesses into warriors or rebellious "I don't need a man" types, Maleficent didn't really do that. The end was different, and it's technically a "spoiler" (even though it becomes obvious with the progression of the film) I'ts an obviously feminist, but  really beautiful twist. I really liked the prince's character. It was nice how he questioned kissing a girl he had just met, instead of just being like "oh yeah!"  The special effects were just AMAZING!  It was such a visually stunning film. The characters all had great chemistry and there were lots of humorous and sweet moments throughout the film. And towards the end there was a dragon, so that pretty much made the film for me  :)  (I LOVE dragons in a really weird, nerdy way LOL)  So, yeah. I know my reviews aren't the best, but I really liked this movie, and I think you guys will, too.  Tell me if you have seen Maleficent and what you thought about it!

            

No comments:

Post a Comment